When it comes to the best of post-punk/experimental music, the origins of the magic can be hard to explain. Whether its Neu! making memorable one-note songs that go on forever or the skeletal magnificence of Young Marble Giants / Marine Girls everything seem to be about series of happy accidents – what spells disaster on paper turns out be a worthwhile idea when put to tape.
This magic can also be hard to come by which is why its such a delight to hear The Mystery’s debut. The same idea applies – the kind of skeletal, minimal rock they play might not sound very appealing in theory, but it does work like a charm…somehow. In less skilled hands it could’ve potentially turned into a tasteless joke/disaster of epic proportions, but thankfully we were spared that – credit due to Gilmore Tamny (also of Weather Weapon), the sole person behind TM.
- IHRTN Posts Roundup!
- Listen: Lightning Bolt – Hüsker Dön't
- Concert Review – Russian Circles/Cave In/Boris at The Middle East (08/07)
- Review – Girl Pusher: Singles (Deathbomb Arc)
- Killing Joke Special – The Death And Resurrection Show
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020