Rating: 3 out of 5
That’s what everyone always says upon hearing albums such as “Kong” – at first, a seemingly unlistenable assemblage/chaos of voices.
To me, however, there is a method/precedent to all this madness that Rusty (a.k.a. Clown) put together – his name is Scott Walker (not to confuse with the Republican governor of the same name) and his latter day output is very similar in nature to “Kong”.
Much like Walker’s “Tilt”, “Kong” should be reserved for the most open-minded of listeners – party music this clearly isn’t.
Note – listen/buy the record here.
- Unspooling the Thread: Scott Walker Playlist
- Review: Lingua Ignota – Caligula
- Preview of Boston Not LA 4 (II)
- Killing Joke Special – Guilty By Association Mixtape
- Best of Lists – 2012 – Mush Demon
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020