Much of the music created by Boston guitarist Steve Painter (aka Dark Sunny Land) can be described as intensely visual and “Star Lette” off of his upcoming LP “Quiet Fires” is no exception. With everything revolving around one bizarre loop and the constant clocklike motion listening to it is akin to being inside one of Rene Magritte’s or Dali’s paintings.
“Star Lette” requires intense concentration on the part of the listener but the the payoff is in how entrancing/engrossing the piece becomes with each subsequent listen and the amount of textures that reveal themselves in what initially seems a very minimal track.
Recommended for fans of: Aphex Twin circa Selected Ambient Works Vol II, Illusion of Safety, William Basinski
- Stream new Skyjelly EP via Echoes and Dust
- Twink – Dust Bunny
- Song Premiere: Nervous Curtains – Paramilitary Re-Enactor
- Hnry Flwr Interview / Playlist
- Review – Andrew Weathers – A Great Southern City (Full Spectrum, 2010)
- Video Premiere: Talking Book – Blood Aurora / Thermal Drift - 2nd April 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sound Effects of Death and Horror – The Rose and the Cross - 28th March 2020
- Review: Stella Splendens – Chromatophore - 28th March 2020