Our first taste of guitarist/improviser Tashi Dorji’s work arrived via performance we witnessed at 2017 Hopscotch. This September will mark the release of Midden – his collaboration with John Dieterich of Deerhoof fame and here’s a small glimpse into things you’ll find within:
While the excerpt is rather stormy and discordant (think Ranaldo/Moore/Haino school of thought) overall the album is evenly split between noise/chaos and calmer moments. Yes, Midden is very much a guitar album – just don’t go in expecting to hear shredding a-la Yngwee and don’t even bother expecting your parents to approve of this one.
Midden is out on Sept. 3rd. via Moone Records / Gilgongo Records
- Review: Tashi Dorji / John Dieterich – Midden
- Sonic Youth Posts Roundup
- Band Profile – Thurston Moore
- Sonic Youth Week / Stuff You Might’ve Missed – Profile – Thurston Moore
- More details on “Demolished Thoughts”!
- Watch: IHN Fest 7/1 - 2nd July 2020
- Summer Days in a Quarantine Haze // Guest Mix by Andrew Anderson - 1st July 2020
- Track-by-Track: Deeper Graves – Open Roads - 30th June 2020