And something to add to my recent review of recent Melvins show at the Paradise.
An article from Boston Phoenix shows just how skeptical King Buzzo is about the future of his band and the future of music in general:
“Fuck you!” I’m speaking with Roger “King Buzzo” Osbourne, guitarist and main mouthpiece for legendary art-metalers Melvins. The sentiment isn’t aimed at me — well, not directly, I think, since it comes in the midst of a lengthy rant directed at the band’s fans who don’t seem to get that, uh, the days of business as usual are over (see sidebar). “It’s over, move on! I have!” He doesn’t sound like he has, but that’s the charm of the King Buzzo that we all know and love: three decades in the sludge business, his aggro bent and will to do whatever the fuck he wants has fueled a vast legacy built on towering riffage, sheer noise, and off-the-wall weirdness.
“I have always assumed that I have good taste,” explains Buzzo. “So if I like what I do, other people will like it, right? That’s it. We just do what we want to do, and if other people are into it, fine. All the better. If they aren’t, well, there isn’t a whole lot that we can do about that.”
Read the rest of the article here.
- Boston.com Interviews Melvins
- Why YACHT's Stunt May Be Misguided But Isn't Altogether Stupid
- Blog Summary – July 2020: Pt. 1
- Melvins Download Vault – Scion A/V Remix Series: (the) Melvins + Evil New War God + Nude With Boots
- 10 Releases From A Departing Year – Melvins – Nude With Boots
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020