What they say:
Cowboy/Indian Tree No Leaves is a psych/electro/rock band formed in 2008 in The Heart of It All, Ohio. The band got its start as a loop based duo and is now performing as a quartet. Has over 20 online releases available that range from studio albums, live recordings, cassette tape releases, and improvisational looping.
What IHRTN says:
Luminous Eggz – lovely slice of melancholy-tinged psychedelia/post-rock that reminds me of our own psych warriors Ghost Box Orchestra. Vocals sounded a bit grating at first, but they mesh with music quite well at the end. 5/5
The Soldier & The Hunchback – sounds like a bastard love child of 90s rock (RATM/Smashing Pumpkins) and space/psych rock. The end result is quite groovy. 5/5
Civil War ||| – mid-tempo rock song which is ok – its catchy, but somehow the band fails to take it to another level 3.5/5
Lazy Like Honey – an ambient interlude which sounds like a forgotten piece off of Slowdive’s “Pygmalion”. Pleasant, but nothing special about it 3/5
Lake of Gr/Ey – same as above – pleasant, but non-essential piece of hazy psychedelia 3.5/5
“Blind Tigers” starts out with a great double-punch of “Eggz”/”The Soldier”, but quickly goes downhill from there as three remaining tracks are slightly less impressive. 3.5/5
Check out/buy the album here and/or follow the band on Facebook/Twitter/Youtube
What say you?
- Review – Slow Six – Tomorrow Becomes You (Western Vinyl, 2010)
- Review – Ten – Lowlands EP
- Preview of Boston Not LA 4 (III)
- Review Vault – Trunks, Art Decade, The Murder
- Roundup – Amphetamine Reptile, Helmet, Melvins and more!
- Listen: VEX // Guest Mix by 9T Antiope - 26th March 2020
- Around 2019 in 12 Weeks: Label / End of the Year Mix by Muzan Editions - 23rd March 2020
- St. Paddy’s 2020: Artists/Labels from Ireland + New Music Recommendations - 17th March 2020