When I think of the band HELMET I think of two words: heavy and uncompromising. Coming out of the post-hardcore and metal scene in New York in the late 80′s and early 90′s every band at the time was trying to break boundaries and be unique. HELMET along side such luminaries of the time like PRONG, QUICKSAND, CARNIVORE, UNSANE, BURN and a pre-major label WHITE ZOMBIE were all disparate musical acts bound by similar tastes and musical ambitions. As a native New Yorker I was lucky to witness this scene rise first hand and Page Hamilton’s outfit always made me proud when other people would speak highly of them. Promoting their recently released Seeing Eye Dog (Work Song) the band is back with another lineup and a new reinvigorated mindset for these times.
- Upcoming Music Releases – Helmet – Eye Seeing Dog
- Review – Helmet – Seeing Eye Dog (Work Song)
- Upcoming Events – July 2018: NYC Edition
- IHRTN Posts Roundup – Helmet – Reviews, Interviews & More!
- Concert Review – Ribs + Intronaut + Helmet at the Middle East (10.20.10)