Something to go along with our translation of 100 Tape Albums of Soviet Rock!
Meet key players in the Soviet rock ‘n’ roll and punk scenes as they join us online for a panel discussion, moderated by Ned Raggett, music journalist whose writing credits include Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, NPR Music, Daily Bandcamp and the Quietus. Participants are musicians Yuri Kasparyan (Kino), Vitia Sologub (Strannye Igry), Afrika Bugaev (Pop Mekanica), Garik Sukachev (Brigada S), and Joanna Stingray, a recent Cold War Spaces guest, in conversation with former Leningrad rock journalist Alex Kan.
When: March 5, 12pm – 1pm Pacific Time
hosted by the Wende Museum of the Cold War and moderated by music journalist @NedRaggett
RSVP/Details: DoppelHouse Press
- Replay // Soviet Rock Panel Discussion
- 100 Tape Albums of Soviet Rock // Chapter 3: The Great Combinator (Pt. 1)
- 100 Tape Albums of Soviet Rock // Chapter 3: The Great Combinator (Pt. 2)
- Unspooling the Thread: Oleg Sobolev on “100 Tapes of Soviet Rock”
- 100 Tape Albums of Soviet Rock // Some Thoughts on Electronic Music and the Spirit of Experimentation in USSR