Whore’s Moaning: Oz ’93 Tour Edition LP
Sealed in the shrink wrap
Cover is mint
Translucent blue vinyl.
Limited to 6000 copies for Record Store Day 2011.
Vintage 1996 Sonic Youth Belgium Tour T-Shirt (Washing Machine)
Pre-owned, vintage- memorabilia-style 1996 tour Sonic Youth (Gent, Belgium gig) T-Shirt design.
Bi-lingual March 19 concert venue date on front in Flemish and French.
Automatic washer leitmotif adopted by the group for that album when they spotted two fans wearing t-shirts of such.
The Coachmen – Failure to Thrive
There are few records in my modest collection that I take more pride in than the Coachmen’s Failure to Thrive. And it’s not because it consistently sells for over $100. It’s because it’s original, raw proof of a an aspiring (yet, ironically, failing to thrive).
To me, it’s the perfect link. The JD King/Thurston Moore combination weaves sharp, choppy, zig-zagging guitar with (somewhat) melodic chord changes. It’s edgy. It’s nervous. It’s a little nerdy
Old Crippled Men blog
Vintage 1993 Sonic Youth T-Shirt – Santa Monica Civic Auditorium show
March 3rd, ’93 concert venue date on front.
Rolling Stones’ lips motif revamped and worn by Kim Gordon for that tour.
More details on the show:
The album cover’s spine and back cover (with the exception of the photo) were from the Karlheinz Stockhausen album Gesang der Jünglinge
- Sonic Youth News – Dec. ’11 – Upcoming Albums From Disappears, Lee Ranaldo & more!
- Sonic Youth In Concert: ATP Festival 2010
- Sonic Youth Week – Ciccone Youth
- Stream – Sonic Youth – Out And In (NPR)
- Mark E Smith / The Fall Special – Hip Priest
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020