There’s a free screening of the movie “The Shield Around The K” at the Middle East upstairs tonight at 8:30. The movie itself is dedicated to K Records, an influential label out of Olympia, WA:
The Shield Around the K will play tonight at The Middle East at 8:30pm as part of Rock Shop, the club’s monthly event that gives back to the Boston community by hosting seminars, panels and guest speakers on topics that artists and bands can benefit from.
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, The Middle East was established in 1970 and has been hosting local and international artists for 35 years.
Regarding the movie, PopMatters website point out:
Olympia had a thriving music scene, cozy college-town vibe, and two tiny record label start-ups — K Records and kill rock stars — all of which provided for a hothouse atmosphere, rife with inspirations,
co-operative visions, and built-in enthusiastic audiences. K Records and kill rock stars eagerly nurtured budding and wanna-be musicians and artists, all fortunately and mutually in search of artistic fulfillment
and self-expression with little or no interest in financial rewards or profits.
The Shield Around the K seeks both to describe and define the unique position the Olympia music scene has carved out for itself in the past two decades.
- Band Profile – Godheadsilo
- Boston Concert Schedule
- Band Profile – Deerhoof
- A-Z of Amphetamine Reptile – Lowercase
- Boston Events – Deep Heaven Now + Somerville's Rock'n'Roll Yard Sale + Boris/Cave In/Russian Circles at Middle East
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020