Formed in 1989, Bardo Pond is one of the leading bands of “Psychedelphia” movement, which also includes the likes of Asteroid No. 4, Azusa Plane and The Lilys. As All Music Guide points out
Explicitly drug-inspired — their titles were filled with obscure references to psychedelics — they favored lengthy, deliberate sound explorations filled with all the hallmarks of modern-day space rock: droning guitars, thick distortion, feedback, reverb, and washes of white noise. Hints of blues structure often cropped up, but Bardo Pond’s earliest roots lay with avant-garde noisemakers from the realm of free jazz and from New York’s no wave movement and downtown Knitting Factory scene.
In addition to BP, band members also play in numerous side projects, including 500mg (Michael Gibbons) and Prairie Dog Flesh (John Gibbons, Michael Gibbons, Kevin Moist, Clint Takeda).
The band’s most recent release is self-titled 2010 album, which came out on UK label Fire Records.
See also – the band’s discography / biography on IHRTN
Chicken Gun (from Peri) – hosted by Dusted Reviews
Silver Pavillion (from Peri) – hosted by KEXP
Pick My Brain (from Lapsed) – hosted by Prog Archives
Isle (from Ticket Crystals) hosted by Prog Archives
Tommy Gun Angel (fan video)
Lost Word (fan video)
Sunrise (fan video)
Don’t Know About You / The Stars Behind (Live At ATP, 2010)
- Band Profile – Bardo Pond
- New Music Releases – Bardo Pond – Bardo Pond (Fire Records)
- Upcoming Music Releases – Tera Melos – Patagonian Rats
- Grab Bag Of Compilations From 31G, Sub Pop and Giorno Poetry Systems!
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – A Place To Bury Strangers, Tera Melos, Swans
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020