Gear Jammer was a short-lived collaboration between Amphetamine Reptile chief Tom Hazelmeyer, Bill Hobson from Killdozer and Frank Thorpe from Like Hell. They produced two seven-inch records (1991 “Two Tons Of Chrome” and 1994 “Horsepower 2000”), as well as few compilation tracks.
Shiny Grey Monotone blog compared the band’s style to that of Hazelmeyer’s other project Halo of Flies, but also pointed out that GJ sound is “more caustic and noisy”. Pukekos blog published an interview Tom Hazelmeyer where he mentioned that the band still have some unreleased tracks.
Prior to Gear Jammer, Bill Hobson and Tom Hazelmeyer were also involved in another band called Pogo The Clown, which produced one seven-inch in 1988.
Download: Two Tons Of Chrome 7″
Further Reading: Pukekos / Shiny Grey Monotone
Two Tons Of Chrome 7″ (Amphetamine Reptile, 1991)
Horsepower 2000 7″ (Amphetamine Reptile, 1994)
“He Drinks” on AmRep Motors 1995 Models (Amphetamine Reptile, 1995)
“Mr. Peanut Eats The Corn Out Of My Shit” on Screwed: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Amphetamine Reptile, 1995)
- A-Z of Amphetamine Reptile – Gear Jammer
- Blogs Overview – Shiny Little Noise + Plague Haus
- AmRep Revisited / Events – AmRep 25th Anniversary Bash
- Amphetamine Reptile Story
- Amphetamine Reptile Revisited – Casus Belli
Latest posts by Ilya S. (see all)
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020