100 Pounds Of Black Olives
Souvenirs From Jangere
Plaster Cupids From The Ceiling
The Beauty Of Benghazi
Wild World Of Animals
Harmful Little Armful (For Will Shatter)
The Fine-Tuned Machines Of Lemuria
Associated Entries: Sun City Girls
With a tragic death of SCG member Charlie Gocher in 2007, the band more or less ceased to exist. However, given their lengthy history together, one can’t help but wonder if the band still have some unreleased/rare material in the vaults (and they sure do). “You’re Never Alone With A Cigarette” (subtitled “Sun City Girls Singles Volume 1) shares its name with the band’s 1990 7″ single and collects the material from afromentioned single, as well as “Three Fake Female Orgasms” EP (1991) and three tracks from 1994 box set/compilation “Bruce Lee, Heroin And The Punk Scene”.
In their review of the record, Pitchfork characterized SCG’s music as “a heady, diverse and lovingly fucked-up mixture of arcane musical styles.” and gave a record 8 stars out of 10, while PopMatters website was more harsh and gave it 3 out of 10 stars, saying “Unfortunately for the band, there was a reason why these songs didn’t make the original recording: it seems that every musician is doing their own thing without regard to the others” and some of the best tracks on “You’re Never Alone…” are those with an actual structure. All in all, however, the record mostly got positive reviews and more of band’s rare/unreleased material will most likely appear in the future.
- A-Z of Skin Graft Records – Chinese Stars
- A-Z of Skin Graft Records – Lake Of Dracula
- Listen: Gone In 60 Seconds
- Download – Three One G 2007 Sampler (w/ Arab On Radar, Black Dice, Melt-Banana and more)
- A Reminder To Download "Gone In 60 Seconds" comp.
- Watch: IHN Fest 7/1 - 2nd July 2020
- Summer Days in a Quarantine Haze // Guest Mix by Andrew Anderson - 1st July 2020
- Track-by-Track: Deeper Graves – Open Roads - 30th June 2020